Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Before Valentine's Day

Lewis it's been awhile since I wrote. Sorry but have not felt like talking with you. Christmas and New Year was time in space. Now I have to cope with the time of the year that was the most special to us. I will truly miss my Valentine Flowers and funny cards. Still have trouble writing as so many things are not user friendly. I am still here...



Short review " Cezanne's Quarry" Barbara Corrado Pope Not as expected from title. Would have liked a bit more about the art and why the style. A bit slow but I made it through.

1 comment:

BillKellyUSA @gmail.com said...

M,

I knew him briefly. He helped me plan the organization of Healing The Children FL/GA while I was on leave from Xerox in Orlando to do that. I'm sad.

Today, for no special reason, I pulled down a book of typed copies of his poems that he gave me in 1998. I'm shocked to read of his death.

He was wise and kind and took time to talk to me over coffee.

He shared his poems: I still enjoy "Frank Pepe's Pizzeria Napoletana" and "a litterbox of teflon cats" and "I heard my mother sentenced to die..."
And, "The Nutritive and Therapeutic Uses of the Banana"

Over the years since, 1998 through today, I missed talking with him. We've lived so many places since then. Time passed and only, like today, I found him in a quote, one of his poems, or in the obituary and blog I found after "Googleing" his name.

I am truly sorry he has passed away. You must miss him terribly.

I hope you and I can talk sometime and share stories. I remember you from the Art Store in Dr. Phillips.

I will keep him in my prayers.

Peace,

Bill